The aim of Blessington History Society is to promote an interest in the history and heritage of the local area, including an interest in family genealogy. This aim is achieved through specialist lectures and exhibitions and in addition, the members produce books, pamphlets and articles which are available from the society or from Blessington Bookstore and the Tourist Office. These include:
- Manor Kilbride Graveyard Survey (Blessington History Society, 2009) by Janet Halligan gives an index of the names of those commemorated on headstones, as well as transcriptions of all the inscriptions. It explains some symbols found on the headstones and a brief history of the site.
- The Blessington Estate 1667-1908 (Anvil Books, 2004) by Kathy Trant records the history of Blessington's landlords and tenants.
- The Four-stone Tree (s.p 2003) by Vincent Byrne, gives a history of the town with emphasis on the 20th century.
- Blessington Now and Then (Blessington History Society, 2002), contains articles researched and written by members.
- Booklet on St Mary's Church (2006) researched, written and produced by members of the society for National Heritage Week.
- Blessington Heritage Trail brochure was researched and produced by members in 2006.
Currently, preparations are in train to produce a journal. In addition, a video entitled A Journey through West Wicklow was produced in 2004 by Maureen and Julie Phibbs.