Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting December 2009

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting November 2009

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting October 2009

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 24/09/09

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 18/06/09

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 7th May 2009

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 26th March 2009

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 23rd February 2009

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 10th February 2009

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 22nd January 2009


Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 22nd January 2009

Venue: Meeting room, New Parish centre

Present: Fr. Tim, Fr. Kevin, Teresa Ball, Lisa Charles, Liam Fay, Sally Joyce, Hugo Magee, Lorcan McMahon, Betty Murphy, Carmel O’Donovan, Muriel O’Neill, Gerry Staines, Eugene Tyrell, Mary Young,

Apologies: Ann Creighton, Fidelma Hogan, Declan Naughton, Eileen O’Donnell

Chairperson: Lisa Charles

Secretary: Mary Young


Minutes of the 23.11.08 / Matters arising

It was reported at the meeting that they were some setbacks in the transmitting of the local radio mass during the Christmas period, however the engineers looking after the project will hopefully have the situation in order by this Saturday.

Betty said that when the renovations were finished in St. Josephs’ Hall that she intends to invite the group of youths who she asked to attend the CYC retreat in Dublin to a meeting and work with them from there.

Betty and Teresa reported to the meeting that there was a large group of students from TY year in the local Community School who volunteered to become faith friends with the Confirmation Children from St. Marys SNS. Betty and Teresa are to organise a Thank you evening for the TY Students in March and invite Jenny Casey from The Young Christian Workers Movement to the “Thank You Gathering” and hopefully they could make some progress from there in setting up a project with the concept of “See Judge and Act” from the YCWM program.

To setup a Recovery Group is ongoing. Michael Doyle made contact with some of the PPC members about the AWARE group and was to get back to them. Hugo spoke at the meeting about how he has attended GROW meetings for the past number of years and has found their methodology very helpful. He also said that he would be prepared to organise a speaker from GROW for an open evening if needs be.

Liam reported to the PPC that he had read the Draft document on “how Parishes can respond to Alcohol/drugs Issues”and said the document was lengthy and difficult to read. He is to write a letter to the Bishops Conference making these comments. Work in progress.

Lisa on behalf of the PPC expressed Sympathy to Sally and the Joyce family on their recent bereavement.

PPC Meetings with our surrounding Parishes
Valleymount, Manor Kilbride and Eadestown PPC Representatives are to be invited to a meeting at 8.30pm on Monday the 23rd of February. This will be an informal meeting to discuss what work each Parish has been engaged in during the past year. It is hoped that perhaps we could get involved in one project as a group of Parishes.

This meeting will be followed by another meeting on the 27th of April also in Blessington with the Parishes of Saggart, New Castle, Brittas, Valleymount, Manor Kilbride and Eadestown.

Feedback from the Gathering and Christmas Ceremonies
The PPC would like to thank Ann for all her work and time preparing for the Christmas festivities which run for the whole month of December. It was thought that in October next, there could be a rota worked out among PPC members to help with the pre-Christmas organising.

The Gathering was received well, and the new layout of the evenings order seemed to have worked out better than in previous years.

Overall the Masses over Christmas were well coordinated and all the Masses were packed to capacity.

It was also noted that the School Choir were excellent under their new Choir Mistress Joanne Harding.

Topic Gospel: Mk1: 14-20
“The time has come: the kingdom of God is at hand. Change your ways and believe the Good News”

Lenten Projects
There has been a Parish Day Retreat Booked for Saturday the 7th of March in Orlagh Retreat Centre, Templelogue, from 10.30am to 5.30pm; this day will be open to all members of the community.

Fr John Byrne also From Orlagh Retreat Centre will facilitate Scripture evenings on Wednesdays during lent in the Parish Centre.

Child Protection Guidelines
Lisa reported to the meeting that herself Fr. Tim and the Parish Child Protection Representatives attended a special arranged meeting in the Priory in Tallaght to help deal with the Dublin Diocesan Inquiry Report on Clerical Child Sex Abuse which is due out at the end of January . It was a well attended and a well organised meeting to deal with issues that Parishes might have in relation to Child Protection Guidelines. Lisa also reported that they had a Parish meeting last Monday with some members from Valleymount and that they were given a copy of our Guidelines to work from. They have also nominated Philip Ryan a Local Garda to be their Child Protection Representative.
Mary asked the question at this PPC meeting, that following the meeting that Lisa and Fr. Tim attended in the Priory, is there anything the PPC could do to prepare the local community for the CCSA report which is due out in the end of January. The view was to wait for the report to come out, although from the People who were at the meeting in the Priory who have read the 400 files the report is believed to worse than the Ferns Report and very devastating.

Correspondence
The PPC received at letter from the Gaelscoil thanking us for the use of Church for their own 1st Communion Mass. They have also expressed through Betty that they would like an earlier time for their 1st Holy Communion on the 23rd of May. The PPC are write a reply thanking them for their letter and explaining to them that the Church is already engaged on the morning of the 23rd for the other schools of the Parish who are making their 1st communion but that are welcome to have whatever time they wished the following Saturday the 29th of May. Betty made the point that she would appreciate support in this matter as she is in dialogue with Gaelscoil during the course of her work.

We received invites from CYC and Liturgical Centre to attend various courses but most of these invites arrived too late to advertise in the Newsletter.

A.O.B.
Lisa received a call from Carmel O’Neill asking if she gathered a group of people together could they hold Exposition in the Church in Blessington. It was agreed that Lisa was to ask Carmel exactly when she would like to hold this Holy Hour and how many people she had in her group who would be prepared to take on this request.

Mary was approached just before Christmas by Mary McCormack a Parishioner who works voluntary cleaning the Church. Mary had asked if there was any possibility of replacing the red carpet in the Church as it was worn and very difficult to clean. Mary McCormick said that she would also bring this issue up with the Parish Finance Committee. This issue was discussed at the PPC meeting.

Betty had a request from Ann that she was approached by a teacher in a crèche wishing to hire the Parish Centre on Friday afternoons for Art and Craft Classes for children between the ages of 4-6years. It was agreed that there was no problem renting out the room to her but as with all clients she would have to adhere to the Parish Child Protection Guidelines.

Liam said that he had been asked by a massgoer if the sign of Peace could be stopped due to Health and Safety reasons. This issue is to put on the agenda for next month.

There will be a changeover for the Position of Officers for the PPC at the next meeting on the 23rd of February.

Next meeting Monday the 23rd of February 2009 at 7.30pm

Topic- Review of Gospel for 1st March 2009

back to top

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 10th February 2009

Venue: Meeting room, New Parish centre

Present: Fr. Tim, Fr. Kevin, Teresa Ball, Lisa Charles, Ann Creighton, Liam Fay, Sally Joyce, Lorcan McMahon, Betty Murphy, Carmel O’Donovan, Eileen O’Donnell, Gerry Staines, Mary Young,

Apologies: Fr. Kevin, Hugo Magee, Fidelma Hogan, Declan Naughton, Muriel O’Neill

Chairperson: Lisa Charles

Secretary: Mary Young

1st Communion Date for Gaelscoil na Lochanna

Lorcan informed the meeting that he had been in contact with one of the committee members from the Gaelscoil and he would be happy to leave the room if this was to interfere with any of the work of the PPC. The PPC felt that there was no need to take this type of action.

Lisa explained to Lorcan and the PPC that talks, suggestions and decisions are made through the PPC at PPC meetings regardless of what is spoken outside the meeting, It was established at the meeting that Lorcan had been speaking with Mairin O Higgins since last June at the level of 2 parents whose children play football together.

Mary presented a copy of the last letter sent to the Gaelscoil as agreed at the last PPC meeting 23Rd Of January, which explained that the Church was already occupied on the morning of the 23rd of May (the only date that the Gaelscoil has specifically asked for) with the other Parish schools making their 1st Communion but they are welcome to have the Church at any time after 2pm that day or at whatever time is helpful for themselves the following Saturday. The PPC have not received a response to this letter to date, Lorcan said he was not aware of the contents this letter and that Mairin had not been speaking to him about it.
In Lorcan’s opinion he believed that nothing would get resolved through the PPC meeting the Gaelscoil as a group again or through the exchange of letters. He thought that perhaps that 2 or 3 PPC members could contact 2 or 3 members from the Gaelscoil.

It was also noted at this meeting that last November the Gaelscoil sent a letter that was extremely curt to the PPC requesting use of the Church on the 23rd of May, in return the PPC agreed at their November meeting to reply in a businesslike manner by letter to their request.

It was also mentioned again at this meeting that Mairin had requested to meet Lisa last July to discuss the issue of a joint 1st Communion proposal with Parish Schools. At this meeting Mairin put it to Lisa that if the Gaelscoil could not have the use of the Church for the day that the Gaelscoil were prepared to move their 1st Communion children to Naas Church to have their own 1st Communion in the Irish language. At this point Lisa said that they could have the Church in Blessington. (With the permission of Fr. Tim).
Mairin also contacted Lisa last December and asked if 2 of the PPC members and 2 reps from the Gaelscoil would meet to discuss the 1st Communion date. Lisa said the PPC were not holding another meeting until January and that she would bring it up at the meeting which Lisa did, but subsequently the Gaelscoil sent a reply to our November letter and it was decided amongst the PPC members that there was no need to hold another meeting.

Lisa also recalled that she invited Mairin and the members of the Gaelscoil to the PPCS’ end of year Gathering.

It was established at the meeting through Lorcan that 2pm on the 23rd of May was too late in the day from the Gaelscoil point of view and that the following Saturday was a Bank holiday weekend.
Lorcan through his discussions with Mairin thought that what the Gaelscoil were looking to have use of the Church on the morning of the 17th of May for their own 1st Communion Mass. It was explained at the meeting that this date was reserved for other Parish Communions and that it was also the Blessing of the Graves weekend in Blessington.

It was agreed at the meeting that since Lorcan was already in mediation with Mairin from the Gaelscoil that he could explain that these Dates were already booked for Parish Ceremonies. However they are welcome to have any other Saturday after Easter until the end of June. Except for the following dates.

The Parish Dates that are not Free are

Saturday 9th of May 2009
Saturday 16th of May 2009
Saturday 23rd of May 2009
Saturday 13th of June 2009 (Mass of Healing for the Sick).

Lorcan was also asked to explain to Mairin that although the Gaelscoil have being given this choice of dates for this year, this is not to set a precedent for the following years. The position will need to be reviewed annually because of the declining number of Priests in this Parish and in the surrounding Parishes and that all 1st Communions Ceremonies in the future may happen from the Church in Blessington .

It was noted that this meeting was a good meeting and that the PPC members expressed the need to be cautious with whatever decisions were made. It was also noted that there was a need to support Betty our Pastoral Worker who works with the Gaelscoil and Sean in particular in preparing the children from the Gaelscoil for their 1st Communion.

It was also expressed to Lorcan to say to Mairin that Fr. Tim as indeed any other PPC member would be happy to speak with Mairin at any time but that all suggestions made need to be discussed at a PPC meeting and that is where all decisions are made.

Lorcan was asked to inform Mairin that she was to reply by letter to the PPC before our next meeting which will be held on Monday 23rd of February.

back to top

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 23rd February 2009

Venue: Meeting room, New Parish centre

Present: Fr. Tim, Lisa Charles, Liam Fay, Fidelma Hogan, Sally Joyce, Hugo Magee, Lorcan McMahon, Betty Murphy, Eileen O’Donnell, Muriel O’Neill, Gerry Staines, Mary Young,

Apologies: Fr. Kevin, Teresa Ball, Ann Creighton, Carmel O’Donovan,

Chairperson: Lisa Charles

Secretary: Mary Young

Minutes of the 22.01.09 / Matters arising
Gerry Staines will take over the position of Chairperson at the next meeting and Mary Young will continue on as Secretary until the end of May. Carmel O’Donovan will take up the Secretary position at the June meeting.

It was reported at the meeting that they were some setbacks in the transmitting of the local radio mass, however the engineers are looking after the problem and the situation in order at the moment.

Betty said that when the renovations were finished in St. Josephs’ Hall that she intends to invite the group of youths who she asked to attend the CYC retreat in Dublin to a meeting and work with them from there. Work in progress.

Betty and Teresa are to organise a Thank you evening for the TY Students from the local community school who volunteered to become faith friends with the 6th Class students from St. Marys SNS in March/April when the renovations are finished in St. Josephs Hall and invite Jenny Casey from The Young Christian Workers Movement to the “Thank You Gathering” and hopefully they could make some progress from there in setting up a project with the concept of “See Judge and Act” from the YCWM program.

To setup a Recovery Group, or AWARE or GROW is ongoing.

Liam reported to the PPC that he had read the Draft document on “how Parishes can respond to Alcohol/drugs Issues” and said the document was lengthy and difficult to read. He is to write a letter to the Bishops Conference making these comments. The letter has been written and Liam will bring it to the next meeting.

The request by a parishioner to have the worn red carpet in the Church replaced has been handed over to the Finance Committee and the decision is ongoing.

Carmel O’Neill said that she would wait until after lent until the Scripture course was finished to do anything more about gathering a group for Exposition in the Church in Blessington.
PPC Meetings with our surrounding Parishes

There is a meeting being held here tonight after this meeting with the local Parishes, on an informal basis and will be followed by another meeting on the 27th of April also in Blessington with the Parishes of Saggart, Rathcoole, Newcastle, Brittas, Valleymount, Manor Kilbride and Eadestown.

Gaelscoil 1st Communion Date
The Gaelscoil have requested use of the Church on the 6th of June for their 1st Holy Communion. There is a letter due in the post from the Gaelscoil. It was agreed at the meeting that the Gaelscoil could have this date.

Sign of Peace (Discontinue)
There was understanding at the meeting that some people would have concerns on health and Safety grounds, but the overall view is that the sign of Peace should continue as it was seen as an important point of contact during the Mass.

Topic Gospel: Mk 1:12-15

“The time has come; the kingdom of God is at hand. Change your ways and believe the Good News.”

Lenten Projects
There has been a Parish Day Retreat Booked for Saturday the 7th of March in Orlagh Retreat Centre, Templelogue, from 10.30am to 5.30pm; this day will be open to all members of the community.

Fr John Byrne also From Orlagh Retreat Centre will facilitate Scripture evenings on Wednesdays during lent in the Parish Centre.

Child Protection Guidelines
There was a prepared leaflet with regards to the Dublin Diocesan CCSA Inquiry Report left out after weekend Masses in Lucan Parish. It is hoped that the PPC could get a look at a copy to see if it is of any use for this Parish in preparing Parishioners for the impending report.

The question was asked are we responsible for the C.P. Guidelines for Eadestown Parish. It was established at this meeting that Eadestown are not formally under the Pastoral Area of Blessington and therefore Blessington do not need to look after their C.P. Guidelines, however if Eadestown Parish ask for the C.P. Guidelines we would be happy to give a copy of the Guidelines to them.

Correspondence
The PPC received a letter from Fr. Ciaran O’Carroll inviting the Parish to a meeting in St Martins’ in Old Bawn Tallaght as part of the “Year for Evangelisation, the meeting will be hosted by members from Emmanuel School of Mission in Rome. Eileen agreed to go to this meeting.

A.O.B.
Fr. Tim informed the meeting that there would be an ecumenical Walk from Hollywood and Glendalough on the 28th of June 2009 and that there would be a planning meeting for this walk on the 21st of April in St. Kevin’s Community Centre at 8pm.

Next meeting Thursday 26th March 2009 at 8.00pm

Topic: Review of Gospel for 29th March 2009


back to top

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 26th March 2009

Venue: Meeting room, New Parish centre

Present: Fr. Tim, Lisa Charles, Ann Creighton, Liam Fay, Lorcan McMahon, Betty Murphy, Declan Naughton, Eileen O’Donnell, Gerry Staines, Eugene Tyrell, Mary Young,

Apologies: Fr. Kevin, Teresa Ball, Fidelma Hogan, Sally Joyce, Hugo Magee, Muriel O’Neill

Chairperson: Gerry Staines

Secretary: Mary Young

Minutes of the 23.02.09 / Matters arising
Gerry and Fr.Tim on behalf of the PPC thanked Lisa for all her work as Chairperson for the last three years.

Liam reported to the meeting that the transmitting of the Local Radio Mass is running normal and everything is in order. There will be handsets available in the Parish Office in the near future.

Betty said that when the renovations were finished in St. Josephs’ Hall that she intends to invite the group of youths who she asked to attend the CYC retreat in Dublin to a meeting and work with them from there. Work in progress.

Betty and Teresa are to organise a Thank you evening for the TY Students from the local community school who volunteered to become faith friends with the 6th Class students from St. Marys SNS in March/April when the renovations are finished in St. Josephs Hall and invite Jenny Casey from The Young Christian Workers Movement to the “Thank You Gathering” and hopefully they could make some progress from there in setting up a project with the concept of “See Judge and Act” from the YCWM program.

To setup a Recovery Group, or AWARE or GROW is ongoing.

Liam reported to the meeting that he had sent an email to the relevant body who are dealing with the Draft document on “how Parishes can respond to Alcohol/drugs Issues” explaining the difficulties in reading it.

The request by a parishioner to have the worn red carpet in the Church replaced has been handed over to the Finance Committee and the decision is ongoing.

Carmel O’Neill said that she would wait until after lent until the Scripture course was finished to do anything more about gathering a group for Exposition in the Church in Blessington. Situation is ongoing.

PPC Meetings with our surrounding Parishes
The meeting held here on the 22nd of February with the local Parishes, on an informal basis was reported to be a good meeting with sharing of resources. There will be another meeting on the 27th of April also in Blessington at 8pm in the G.P. Room of St. Marys J.N.S. with the Parishes of Saggart, Rathcoole, Newcastle, Brittas, Valleymount, Manor Kilbride and Eadestown.

Gaelscoil 1st Communion Date
There was a formal letter sent by the PPC to the Gaelscoil noting that we would happy to accommodate their new proposed date on Saturday the 6th of June.

Topic Gospel: Jn,12:26
“It was not for my sake that this voice came, but for yours.”

Lenten Projects
The Parish Day Retreat Booked for Saturday the 7th of March in Orlagh Retreat Centre, Templelogue, from 10.30am to 5.30pm; It was noted that it was good organised day, but there was some disappointment with the lack of attendance.

Fr John Byrne also From Orlagh Retreat Centre will facilitate Scripture evenings on Wednesdays during lent in the Parish Centre, which is ongoing.

Child Protection Guidelines
The received a prepared leaflet with regards to the Dublin Diocesan CCSA Inquiry Report left out after weekend Masses in Lucan Parish. At this meeting the PPC decided to wait until nearer the time of the publication of the report to make a decision on making a statement on preparing Parishioners for the impending report.


Emmanuel School in Rome
Eileen attended the meeting in St Martins’ in Old Bawn Tallaght as part of the “Year for Evangelisation. The meeting will be hosted by members from Emmanuel School of Mission in Dublin who were hosting the evening with a group from Rome. Eileen reported that the group of young people were very enthusiastic about their faith and mission for their year and she thought that in the future this community could invite a group like this to our local area.

Correspondence
The PPC received a booklet on a training programme for Parish Pastoral Workers.

The PPC received information of a forthcoming course called Becoming the Body of Christ which will be held in June in All Hallows College


A.O.B.
Fr. Tim informed the meeting that there would be an ecumenical Walk from Hollywood and Glendalough on the 28th of June 2009 and that there would be a planning meeting for this walk on the 21st of April in St. Kevin’s Community Centre at 8pm.

The Confirmation Classes had been asked to bring their Confirmation Scrapbooks to Mass last weekend and Fr.Tim asked the PPC if they would read their books, make some positive comments and Statement and also to insert a Remembrance Cert. The PPC agreed to take on this project and would meet for a couple of evenings in the Parish Centre to complete this work.

Lisa asked at the meeting if there were any more altarservers being trained and could there be a Parents list drawn up to help as it would be too much for 2 parents to look after all alterserving at the weekend. Betty explained that she had sent a letter into 4th Class pupils to ask if any of them would like to train to be altarservers, but she intended to leave the training until after Easter. Mary and Lisa said would be happy to help out with the training.

Next meeting Thursday 7th May 2009 at 8.00pm


Topic- Review of Gospel for 10th May 2009

back to top

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 7th May 2009

Venue: Meeting room, New Parish centre

Present: Fr. Tim, Teresa Ball, Lisa Charles, Ann Creighton, Sally Joyce, Betty Murphy, Eileen O’Donnell, Muriel O’Neill, Gerry Staines, Eugene Tyrell, Mary Young,

Apologies: Fr. Kevin, Liam Fay, Fidelma Hogan, Lorcan McMahon, Hugo Magee, Declan
Naughton.

Chairperson: Gerry Staines

Secretary: Mary Young

Minutes of the 26.03.09 / Matters arising
Betty said that when the renovations were finished in St. Josephs’ Hall that she intends to invite the group of youths who she asked to attend the CYC retreat in Dublin to a meeting and work with them from there. Work in progress.

Betty and Teresa are to organise a Thank you evening for the TY Students from the local community school who volunteered to become faith friends with the 6th Class students from St. Marys SNS in March/April when the renovations are finished in St. Josephs Hall and invite Jenny Casey from The Young Christian Workers Movement to the “Thank You Gathering” and hopefully they could make some progress from there in setting up a project with the concept of “See Judge and Act” from the YCWM program. Work in progress.

It was decided at this meeting to put a notice in the Parish Newsletter quarterly with the relevant phone numbers and nearest centres for the RECOVERY Group AWARE and GROW

The request by a parishioner to have the worn red carpet in the Church replaced has been handed over to the Finance Committee and the decision is ongoing.

Carmel O’Neill said that she would wait until after lent until the Scripture course was finished to do anything more about gathering a group for Exposition in the Church in Blessington. Lisa is to contact Carmel.

Training for the new 4th Class Altarservers will begin this Tuesday. The PPC are to thank William O’Byrne for all his work throughout the years with the Altarservers.

PPC Meetings with our surrounding Parishes
There was a meeting held on the 27th of April also in Blessington at 8pm in the G.P. Room of St. Marys J.N.S. with the Parishes of Saggart, Rathcoole, Newcastle, Brittas, Valleymount, Manor Kilbride and Eadestown. Kieran O’Carroll from the Office of Evangelisation was the guest speaker on the night he presented a sample of the Copy of St. Luke that the Dublin Office proposes to send to all homes in the Dioceses. The meeting itself was a good enthusiastic meeting. However the view from the members of this PPC meeting is that delivery of the Gospel of St. Luke to every home in the Parish would not be a beneficial exercise. The PPC are to write a letter to Fr. Kieran O’Carroll giving our point of view. It is anticipated that this group of Parishes will meet again in the Autumn.

Confirmation Scrapbook Project
The project itself was a great success. In September for the incoming 6th Class to give them a gift of the Scrapbook and that they would hand up the Scrapbook at the April Confirmation Mass and hand it back to the children at May Confirmation Mass.

Topic Gospel: 15:1-8
“It is to the glory of my Father that you should bear much fruit, and then you will be my disciples.”

Correspondence
The PPC received information from the Dioceses on forthcoming courses Eileen is to attend the course ‘Becoming the Body of Christ’ in June at All Hallows College on behalf of the P.P.C.


A.O.B.
Fr.Tim reported to the meeting that there would be an 8 hour walk in Glendalough on the 4th of June organised by Neil Pope there will be a meeting held on the 20th of May to organise this Walk. The ecumenical walk to be held on the 28th of June will possibly be a family day, there are no further plans made to organise a meeting.

Next meeting Thursday 18th of June 2009 at 8pm

Topic: Review of Gospel for the 21st of June

back to top

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 18/06/09

Venue: Meeting room, New Parish centre

Present: Fr. Tim, Teresa Ball, Lisa Charles, Ann Creighton, Liam Fay, Sally Joyce, Betty Murphy, Lorcan McMahon, Declan Naughton, Carmel O’Donovan, Eugene Tyrell, Mary Young,

Apologies: Fr. Kevin, Fidelma Hogan, Hugo Magee, Muriel O’Neill, Gerry Staines,

Chairperson: Lisa Charles

Secretary: Mary Young

Minutes of the 18.06.09 / Matters arising

Betty and Teresa agreed to facilitate a course from the YCWM program and invite Jenny Casey from The Young Christian Workers Movement to the course this will hopefully take place in October.

It was agreed to continue to put a notice in the Parish Newsletter quarterly with the relevant phone numbers and nearest centres for the RECOVERY Group AWARE and GROW. The PPC are to invite the co-ordinator from the RECOVERY Group for a return visit in October.

The Finance Committee have agreed to replace the red carpet in the Church where it is worn; this work will be carried during the summer.

Carmel O’Neill and her group have organised Rosary prayers on Wednesday nights and the PPC agreed that these arrangements need to be adhered to so that we can facilitate everybody using the church.

The new 4th Class Altar servers have been in training over the past couple of weeks and will begin serving at masses this weekend.

It was proposed that a list of the recently deceased and recent baptisms could be published in the newsletter monthly

PPC Meetings with our surrounding Parishes (Office of Evangelisation)

The PPC wrote a letter to Fr. Kieran O’Carroll giving our point of view, that they thought that the delivery of the Gospel of St. Luke to every home in the Parish would not be a beneficial exercise. We received a reply from Fr. Kieran thanking the PPC for holding the Group meeting and for our comments. Rosemary Lavelle the Pastoral Coordinator is looking into the idea regarding supporting literature around the Sacraments.

Confirmation Scrapbook Project

Fr. Tim thanked the PPC for their help in this project this year. The PPC are to present the Confirmation Class of 2010 with their new empty Scrapbooks in September and Sally agreed to design one universal cover for them all.

The PPC are to present the Confirmation Class of 2009 with a remembrance at their Graduation Service on the 25th June in the Church.

Topic Gospel: Mark 4: 35-41

“They were filled with awe and said to one another, ‘Who can this be? Even the wind and the sea obey him.’

A.O.B.

Fr.Tim informed the meeting that there would be an open public meeting regarding the Children’s Choir next Tuesday at 8pm in the meeting room in the Church.

Mary thanked the members at the meeting for all their help during her time a secretary, it is envisaged that Carmel would take this role on in September.

Next meeting Thursday 17th of September 2009 at 8pm

Topic-Review of Gospel for the 20th of September

back to top

Minutes of (P.P.C.) meeting 24/09/09

Venue: Meeting room, New Parish centre

Present: Fr. Tim, Lisa Charles, Liam Fay, Sally Joyce, Betty Murphy, Lorcan McMahon, Carmel O’Donovan, Gerry Staines, Mary Young, Muriel O Neill, Eileen O Donnell.

Apologies: Fr. Kevin, Fidelma Hogan, Ann Creighton, Teresa Ball.

Chairperson: Gerry Staines

Secretary: Carmel O Donovan

Matters discussed / Decisions
Minutes of the 24.09.09 / Matters arising

A rota for Altar servers is now up and running. It was decided to try and get more parents involved.

It was agreed to continue to put a notice in the Parish Newsletter quarterly with the relevant phone numbers and nearest centres for the RECOVERY Group AWARE and GROW.

The Confirmation Class of 2010 was presented with their Scrapbooks. These Scrapbooks were especially designed to assist the students in their preparation for this Sacrament.

It was suggested that that a formal invitation should be sent to the Principal and Sixth class teachers to attend this presentation. It was decided to put this on the agenda in June for PPC meeting.

Betty agreed to facilitate a course from the YCWM program and would work on this in the coming months.

Fr. Tim and the PPC expressed sincere gratitude to Betty for all her work in the dcaf and in particular her work on the renovations of St. Joseph’s Hall. The official opening of the dcaf was a great success.

Topic Gospel: Mark 9: 38-43

“But anyone who is an obstacle to bring down one of these little ones who have faith, would be better thrown into the sea with a great millstone round his neck.”

A.O.B.

The PPC decided that no publications could be left in the Church without prior permission of the council; such publications must be endorsed first by the PPC. A notice would be placed in the newsletter advising this and a notice would be placed in the Church.

Fr Tim informed the meeting that the Children’s Choir would continue as last year but they were currently looking for a Musical Director.

Fr Tim informed the PPC that all children in both primary schools had Religious text books on their book lists this year.

Eileen attended the course in All Hallows College on ‘Becoming the Body of Christ’ in June. She gave a detailed synopsis of this course. The PPC thanked Eileen for attending this on behalf of the PPC.

Fr Tim explained to the meeting how the ‘West Wicklow Adult Religious Education Centre’ emerged. The Autumn programme for 2009 has been devised and is already booked out.

The PPC sent a thank you letter to Marie Bohan.

Radio Mass will be launched in the near future. The possibility of looking at installing a security system in the Church was discussed.

The PPC expressed interest in hosting another pastoral meeting with our surrounding parishes before Christmas.

Next meeting Thursday 22nd October 2009 at 8pm

Topic-Review of Gospel for the 25thOctober

back to top